Hello and welcome to my garden lover’s blog! This picture reminds me of all those lovely country roads in France lined with shady plane trees stretching out into the distance ahead, and how sad it is that Health and Safety has raised its ugly head over there. Many of those beautiful trees are being removed, and new trees aren’t being planted in the same way. The reason? You can get seriously damaged if you interact too closely with them at speed. No, really?
Anyway, this is my first post – and I am really worried about what to say. So to set the scene I will quote some lines of poetry which I hope will sum up how I feel. And then maybe I will add some photos of gardens I have really loved. And perhaps a smidgen of stuff I find interesting, oh and places to visit, and then things to see, and maybe a few to do …
So to begin at the beginning, a few lines written by Michael P. Garofalo, whose wonderful website can be found at http://www.gardendigest.com/laws.htm:
- Gardens are demanding pets
- Time is something everyone runs short on and finally runs out of
- An important gardening judgment – When to Do Nothing!
- A garden is made up of stories, not things
- Location, location, location …. is also true for plants
- To garden is to open your heart to the sky